Gentrification in the United States is becoming the 10th weapon of white supremacy. White investors swoop into Black neighborhoods, buy up properties, and drive up prices.
When all is said and done, the original Black inhabitants can no longer afford rents, are driven out of their communities, and an area that was once a Black community becomes a gentrified white neighborhood.
But here is what most “activists” don’t talk about: Gentrification would not happen if Black residents owned the homes they live in.
If you are renting a home or apartment in a Black community, you are at risk of being gentrified.
You have no right to complain when white investors take advantage of the low home prices and distressed properties in the hood.
You have no right to cry gentrification when other groups invest in and build up the community that you should have taken ownership for from the beginning.
The only way to protect yourself from gentrification – and build Black wealth in the mean time – is by owning the real estate that you live in. Period.
And here is the thing: not only will owning property dramatically increase your net worth, it is usually cheaper than renting. Of course, mortgage rates depends on your credit score, but with the article that I wrote titled Building Black Wealth – How To Boost Your Credit Score In 6 Easy Steps you have no excuse not to have good credit.
I even turned my personal process for getting the best credit score of my life into a free mini course that will walk you through the process.
Once you have gotten your credit together, the best way to get started is by learning from other Black real estate agents, investors, and moguls who started from the bottom.
Their tips, tricks, and lessons will save you time, mistakes, and money on your way to becoming the lord of your land.
Dont have the funds to buy a library of real estate books? No excuse! You can download ebooks from Black real estate investors for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!
Here is what you get:
- Unlimited access to over 1 million books.
- A rotating selection of popular magazines.
- Access to thousands of books with Audible narration.
- No Kindle needed – you can read your ebook on any device with the Kindle app.
Click here to set up your free Kindle Unlimited trial, then download these 5 free ebooks by successful Black Real Estate Investors!
1. How to Make Huge Cash with Section 8 Rentals the Landlord Handbook: Real Estate 101
You might not think of Section 8 as a real estate strategy, but in this book, you are going to find out:
- What the section 8 rental housing program is as well as what it entails
- Why you should become a section 8 landlord
- Your responsibilities as a section 8 landlord
- The responsibilities of a section 8 rental tenant
- How to qualify for section 8 rental housing program
- How to find and attract the right tenants to your section 8 rental property
- How to set the best rent rates, lease agreements, and handle security deposits for your section 8 rental property
- How to manage and maintain your section 8 rental property to ensure you retain your current tenants and attract new ones effortlessly
- How to decide whether to opt for a property manager or to manage your property yourself
- And much, much more!
With so many Section 8 applicants in the hood, you can have a positive impact on renters while bringing quality housing standards to families that need them the most!
2. Insider Secrets Of Buying A Home For Black Entrepreneurs
This ebook was written in part by Bryan Hanley, a Brother we had on our podcast twice! (You can check out the episode by clicking here).
Bryan is the Director of Business Development and Client Management at Aurum & Sharpe, a Brooklyn based Real Estate firm that has completed $81 Million in global transactions (and was nominated as one of the Best Mortgage Companies in Brooklyn). In this book you will learn how to…
1. qualify for a mortgage
2. choose the right home, and
3. reap the benefits financially
Although the book targets Black entrepreneurs, its great for anyone looking to buy their home.
3. Investing in Rental Properties for Beginners: Buy Low, Rent High
Author Lisa Philips writes “Buying rentals should be fun, easy, stress free, and affordable for most pocketbooks.
Yes, I said it. AFFORDABLE.
This book on investing in rental properties for beginners is the foundation of what I’ve built 47,000 person social media platform on – helping the average person get involved in rental properties on an average income, and building the cash flow of their dreams with 2-5 properties. That’s it.”
Lisa Phillips (Arlington, VA) is the founder of Affordable Real Estate Investments. She is also a real estate investor who is passionate about teaching others how to “cash in on working class neighborhoods for higher profits.”
4. Real Estate Wealth: Remove the Guesswork from Investing and Create a Six-Figure Strategy
Kito Johnson, a distinguished real estate broker and investor, is now making his mark as an author, following the official launch of his new book Real Estate Wealth. As an active real estate investor, Kito has successfully handled well over one thousand real estate transactions in his career.
Real Estate Wealth deep dives into the processes, procedures, and protocols necessary to build a solid and sustainable business. Packed with facts, stories, information, and tips for readers to follow, the book will help all types of investors, regardless of their experience.
5. Real Estate & Chill: Tips And Tricks For New Investors
“Real Estate and Chill” is a real estate investing book that offers new real estate investors guidance and tips on buying property, tips for working with contractors and real estate agents, tenant screening and management.
This book offers real world examples and entertaining experiences to educate new investors on how to build a lucrative real estate portfolio that operates on auto-pilot.
Author P.E. Barnes is a Chicago based buy-and-hold real estate investor who was inspired to write this book when others took notice of her successful approach to real estate.
Just like the title, her concepts and strategies are easy to understand, and at just 120 pages you can finish this book in less than a weekend!
The Wrap Up
If you are serious about creating generational wealth, increasing your net worth, and fighting gentrification, then
Step 1. Get your credit right with the 6 step free course.
Step 2. Sign up for a free Kindle Unlimited trial – Click here
Step 3. Download all 5 of the titles below
- Click here to download the Real Estate And Chill ebook or listen to Audiobook version FREE
- Click here to download Insider Secrets Of Buying A Home For Black Entrepreneurs
- Click here to download (or listen to) How to Make Huge Cash with Section 8 Rentals the Landlord Handbook: realestate 101
- Click here to download Real Estate Wealth: Remove the Guesswork from Investing and Create a Six-Figure Strategy
- Click here to download Investing in Rental Properties for Beginners: Buy Low, Rent High free