If you arent using coconut oil on the regular, stop reading here, scroll down, and get you a jar.
I know quite a few members of the community who buy, sell, and use Shea butter daily – and not just for cosmetic purposes. Shea is a decent treatment for medical skin conditions and skin damage. But I recently bought a jar of coconut oil, and I haven’t stopped using it since.
Not only is it one of the oils we include in our plant based Melanin Diet, Coconut oil can also be used just like Shea butter (in dreadlocks or natural hair, as lotion, etc), used to treat acne, used to cure fungus, used as shaving cream, and as a health supplement.
Here are all the things this cheap, all natural health product can do:
It moisturizes better than lotion: Use this on your face, body, hands, feet, butt-cheeks, and wherever else you need it. I used to use Palmer’s Cocoa butter. Coconut oil is less than half the price and works twice as well.
Coconut Oil is a natural energy supplement: Coconut oil is a medium-chain fatty acid (MCFA) which means when it enters into the body it is easily digested and sent right to the liver for energy production, making coconut oil a great source of the necessary, healthy fat that the body needs. Coconut oil is also a natural source of lauric acid (breast milk is the only other source). Lauric acid is a compound that has the ability to fight off viruses and bacteria in a non-toxic way.
It prevents acne: Coconut oil has antibacterial properties that fight break outs. I’m in my 30s and still have a problem with using regular lotion on my face. Coconut oil is the best of both worlds.
It’s better than shaving cream: Not only does coconut oil prevent razor irritation, but the water will roll right off the oil so it keeps protecting your skin while you shave.
It’s a better hair-care solution than chemicals for men and women. Instead of using damaging and poisonous aerosol sprays and processes, use coconut oil. Fades, braids, dreads – coconut oil works for all types of hair.
The Natural Benefits of Coconut Oil on Black Hair comes directly from its kernel. It producesoils that are high in vitamin E, vitamin K, capric acid, lauric acid, and saturated fatty acids. These fatty acids help hair become stronger, softer, longer, and shinier.
- 100% PURE & NATURAL FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL: This Coconut Oil moisturizer is 100% natural and made to suit even the most...
- NUMEROUS MULTIPURPOSE USES: Coconut Oil can be made into special receipes to provide the best Aromatherapy sessions. You can mix...
- HELPS HAIR GROW LONGER & STRONGER: Our special brand of coconut oil contains a wonderful balance of saturated fats that helps hair...
It’s superior to olive oil: When it comes to cooking, coconut oil is a great replacement for any other oils that you are using. It can also be used to replace butter.
It can polish your leather shoes and boots: take a little bit of coconut oil and rub it into your scuffed leather goods. Buff with a cloth to a shine.
Those are just a few of the hundreds of uses for coconut oil. So if you are convinced that you should ditch the Shea butter, here’s what to buy:
For cosmetic uses, look for unrefined, virgin coconut oil. Here is what I use:
- For Luxurious Hair and Skin: Soft, supple skin and thicker, faster hair growth. Rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids....
- Feel the Difference: Many have heard of the benefits of coconut oil for cosmetics and health. However, other quality coconuts...
- COCO & CO. has been the top selling, highest rated coconut oil for beauty since 2014 and ranks consistently at the top in blind...
If you’re cooking, refined coconut oil is best:
- #1 Selling Coconut Oil in the US for over 10 years
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Virgin, Kosher, Non-Hydrogenated, No Cholesterol
- It also has a neutral scent and flavor (versus virgin coconut oil which has a distinct coconut smell and flavor). This makes it...
You can pick up the jar above and that will last you for months. If you’re paying more than $15 for coconut oil, you’re doing something wrong.
There is a debate as to whether coconut oil is pure poison or a wonder oil. While I suspect FDA lobbyists are behind the propaganda, if you have info, questions, or feedback then as always leave a comment below!