Table of Contents
- Everything You Need To Get Started
- Dr.Sebi Approved Sea Moss
- Dr.Sebi Approved Sweeteners
- A Non Dairy Milk
- A Blender
- How To Prepare Sea Moss
- Sea Moss Recipe #1 – Sweet Vegan Sea Moss Smoothie Recipe
- Sea Moss Recipe #2 – Chef Sian’s Sea Moss Shake Recipe
- Sea Moss Recipe #3 – Jamaican Country Style Irish Moss Drink Recipe
- Sea Moss Recipe #4 – Fruit Smoothie Sea Moss Recipes
- Sea Moss Recipe #5 – Liquid Viagra
You may remember Dr. Sebi giving credit to something called ‘sea moss’ for helping him to father 17 children. Sea moss is packed with so many nutrients that benefit male health particularly, that some Brothers have thrown away their Viagra!
Whether you have issues in that area or not, sea moss should be on everyone’s menu – Women and Men alike. Thats because sea moss is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that include:
✓ dietary fiber
✓ Vitamin K
✓ and Manganese.
And since sea moss is an algae, it is appropriate for all plant based diets, including the Melanin Diet.
The problem with sea moss is that on its own, it is not very appetizing. In fact, the taste and texture is a big turn-off. The good news is that there are some delicious recipes out there that will have you craving sea moss every day of the week.
I have personally collected dozens of sea moss recipes, tried many of them, and included the 6 best ones below. Before you check out the recipes, you will need to have some essentials on hand and ready to go. Here are the tools and ingredients that I suggest.
Everything You Need To Get Started
Almost every one of the recipes below require the following tools and ingredients.
Dr.Sebi Approved Sea Moss
Not all sea moss is the same. Mass produced farm raised trash wont work, so make sure you are buying the real deal. Here are three suppliers with quality product.
- SUPPORTS YOUR THYROID: The Thyroid is mainly responsible for regulating hormones, an imbalance can lead to fertility issues,...
- BOOSTS YOUR IMMUNITY: Sea Moss has been used for hundreds of years in traditional medicine for its role in alleviating the...
- DIGESTIVE SUPPORT: Because of the soothing effects of Sea Moss on the mucous membranes in the body, it works as an amazing...
- You will be emailed a PDF copy of the seaweed Recipe EBook.
- Our Seaweed products are Vegan Friendly, USDA certified organic and kosher. Irish Moss is the traditional dried seaweed, used to...
- Irish moss is not actually a "moss" but a type of seaweed that has been used for centuries in Ireland (hence the name) as a...
- (spoken of by Dr. Sebi/ Polight)100% natural sea moss and bladderwrack (Gel Mixture)
Dr.Sebi Approved Sweeteners
Most of the sea moss recipes below call for a sweetener. There are only two sweeteners that Alkaline dieters are advised to consume by Dr. Sebi. They are Pure Agave Syrup and Date Sugar. Here are the two brands that I have in my kitchen and used in the recipes below.
- 100% PURE & ORGANIC: Quality is important to us and that’s why our sweeteners are 100% organic, making them fresher, richer in...
- GLUTEN FREE: Enjoy this delicious sweetener worry free! Our agave sweetener supports a gluten free lifestyle & is safe for anyone...
- LOW GLYCEMIC RESPONSE: Get your sugar fix without the annoying downsides. The low GI of this sweetener prevents overeating by...
- All Natural, non-GMO. Made from Deglet Noor Dates. Color may vary.
- Packed bulk; saves you BIG money! Minimalist packaging.
- Great healthy sweetener! Ingredients: Non-GMO All Natural Dates.
A Non Dairy Milk
You can find coconut and almond milk at your grocery store, but recently I have started using hemp and macadamia milk. Try it and see if it works for you. Anything works better than bovine, casein cancer causing white milk!
- Contains (6) 32 ounce cartons.
- Unsweetened, 0g sugar with a hint of vanilla Keto approved
- Plant based, vegan, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, carrageenan free, non GMO, kosher
If you dont have a blender, you might as well close this article. Get yourself a blender if you are serious about living a Black Conscious lifestyle or eating an Alkaline diet! They are cheap, and you will use it every day.
- The Nutribullet is the fastest, easiest solution for making nutrient- packed smoothies. Load it up with your favorite whole foods...
- Powerful 600-watt motor and refined nutrient-extraction blades blend whole foods into liquid fuel for your body - in seconds.
- Included: (1) 600W motor base, (1) Extractor blade, (1) milling blade, (1) Handled cup, (1) 24 oz cup, (1) 18 oz cup, (1) cup...
Now that you are geared up, here are the recipes that will put lead back in your pencil.
How To Prepare Sea Moss
Before you get started with the sea moss recipes below, you need to convert the raw moss from its solid form into a gel or paste. Here is how to prepare your sea moss according to the instructions in our original article here.
Step 1: Remove your sea moss from the bag and wash it thoroughly.
Step 2: Put it into a large bowl filled with cool water. It doesn’t look like a lot but this stuff really expands so make sure to use a large bowl filled with water.
Step 3: Cover and leave overnight to rehydrate. Once the sea moss has absorbed the water in the bowl, it will look something like this…
Step 4: Put your sea moss into a blender along with 1 cup of activated water for every ounce of sea moss
Step 5: You now have a sea moss jelly that you can put in a mason jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or use immediately.
Sea Moss Recipe #1 – Sweet Vegan Sea Moss Smoothie Recipe
Here is a great vegan sea moss recipe from Charla that is so good you can drink it all day!
100g of sea moss
6 cups warm water (to soak the moss)
2 tbsp of linseed (click here to buy)
1 cup nut milk (can use coconut milk)
Coconut condensed milk (optional to taste)
1/4 cup of coconut nectar (buy it here)
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp of Vanilla
- Place the sea moss in a colander.
- Use your hands to thoroughly wash any debris and excess sea salt from your moss. Do this several times until the sea moss looks and feels less gritty.
- Place the sea moss and flaxseed in a large size bowl with the 6 cups of warm water and leave to soak overnight. The moss will expand in size and the water should thicken slightly
- Use a colander to pour and drain off the excess water that was used to soak the sea moss
- Place the sea moss into a blender bowl and puree into a paste. The sea moss should be gelatinous in texture. Don’t worry it’s not too thick to begin with, when you store in a large jar in the refrigerator it will turn thick over time
- Scoop out the paste and transfer into a jar/bowl and refrigerate.
- Add 4tbsp of the sea moss paste along with the almond milk, vanilla, spices, sweetener of your choice into a high speed blender
Sea Moss Recipe #2 – Chef Sian’s Sea Moss Shake Recipe
This recipe comes from Chef Sian .
4 oz Sea Moss
¼ C. icinglass
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp grated ginger
1 tsp vanilla
2 TB linseed (click here to buy)
3 qts water
Combine Irish moss with icinglass, linseed and water in a large pot. After the Irish moss is cooked use a strainer to strain liquid into a bowl. Allow strained liquid to cool. Liquid will form a gel. In a blender combine ¼ of the gel with remaining ingredients and mix for 3 to 4 minutes. Chill for 2 to 4 hours before serving. If drink is too thick for your liking add ½ Cup water to blender to thin beverage.
Freeze unused Irish moss in a container or freezer bag for up to 3 months and use as needed
Sea Moss Recipe #3 – Jamaican Country Style Irish Moss Drink Recipe
2 ounces Irish moss
3 large ice cubes, or about 1/4 cup very cold water
2 cups Coconut Milk
1/4 cup ground linseed (click here to buy)
6 strands isinglass
3 pieces gum arabic (click here to buy)
3/4 cup date sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla Flavoring
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine the coconut milk, moss and ice cubes in a blender and blend well.
- Heat 2 cups water in a saucepan over medium heat with the milk, 1/3 cup of the Irish moss mixture, the linseed, isinglass and gum arabic.
- Bring to a boil and allow it to simmer until all of the ingredients have been dissolved and incorporated and the mixture thickens, about 30 minutes.
- On low heat and add the date sugar, vanilla and nutmeg and continue cooking, stirring occasionally for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. You can cool in refrigerator for 3hrs if you want it served cold. It will usually thicken as it cools.
Sea Moss Recipe #4 – Fruit Smoothie Sea Moss Recipes
1/2 cup African mango
1/2 cup pineapple
1 cup strawberries
1 pealed orange
1/2 cup cherries
2 pitted dates
1 thumb ginger
1/2 thumb turmeric
1/4 cup sea moss gel
2 tbsp Hemp seeds (click here to buy)
1/4 cup coconut water
- Freeze the mango, banana, pineapple, and strawberries first.
- Place all ingredients into blender and mix until smooth.
Sea Moss Recipe #5 – Liquid Viagra
5 oz. linseed (click here to buy)
3 tbsp. vanilla extract
5 qt. water
2 tablespoons of powdered nutmeg
- Place 5 qt. water in a pot and bring to a boil
- Add Irish Moss, gum arabic, isinglass, and linseed.
- Cook for ¾ hour until all the ingredients, with the exception of the Irish Moss, has dissolved.
- Pour the liquid into a strainer to another container. Throw away the boiled Irish Moss.
- Add the rest of ingredients to the liquid and mix well. Boil for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and then place in the refrigerator for 5 hours before severing.