You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Meditation Challenge

Family,

Drop comments about your meditation session each day.  We are here to help each other and provide positive feedback as we journey this space and time.  I look forward to sharing, learning and growing with all of you.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

My timer is set for five minutes and I mediated early in the morning while focusing on deep breathing. Those two go hand in hand. Eventually I will stretch the 5 minutes to 10. This week I’ll continue to do the 5. Dua.

I seem to end up falling asleep during meditation

That tells me your body is tired listen to your body. Get proper rest. The beauty of meditation  affords us a few moments alone in our thoughts, our inner voice, and what happens you go to sleep?. Don’t beat yourself up just commit to the practice of getting a few minutes each day of uninterrupted time alone with your thoughts.  Don’t judge yourself harshly at this stage it’s really about building the practice and discipline of spending time alone.  You don’t “really” know who you are until you sit still alone in your own thoughts and observe them. It’s amazing the things you find out about yourself. @nyeusi-bella

I've doing a deep breathing meditation in my bed for the last couple of days...

I've started with small steps. Timer for 5 mins. In through the nose, out through the mouth, slow deep breaths. I've noticed that anytime a thought popped up in my mind, I've been able to refocus on my breathing.

It definitely brought more clarity to start my day today.

I just started my challenge three days ago. I set my timer for 5 minutes in the morning before my children wake up. I’ve also been doing this with my 4 year old when he wakes up. This is not the first time I tried to get him to meditate. I have noticed that maybe I should be more consistent with my own meditation before I focus on his. Although he is starting to catch on. He told me for the first time “my brain keeps switching to different stuff.” I just notice that I don’t really focus on my own meditation while meditating with him.

Quote from Plant-Fed Family on December 2, 2019, 3:03 am

I’ve also been doing this with my 4 year old when he wakes up. This is not the first time I tried to get him to meditate. I have noticed that maybe I should be more consistent with my own meditation before I focus on his. Although he is starting to catch on. He told me for the first time “my brain keeps switching to different stuff.” I just notice that I don’t really focus on my own meditation while meditating with him.

First off, its amazing you can get your 4 year old to meditate at all. I think my children just sit there and watch me and pretend to be meditating lmao. Second, the purpose of meditation is to bring awareness to your internals without getting distracted by them. That is the hard part. Meditation is not the abolition of thought, it is acknowledgement and awareness without engagement. Its good to see you in the circle @plantfed !

So, everyone how did your meditations go this past week? What did you learn about yourself? What challenges were presented to you ? What obstacles came your way and tried to prevent you from completing your goals?

Just wanted to checkin on everyone. How’s your meditation going this week.

Quote from Demetrius Irick on December 17, 2019, 5:10 pm

Just wanted to checkin on everyone. How’s your meditation going this week.

Thank you for the reminder. I have been slipping. Im about to hit the mat right now using Insight Timer