You need to log in to create posts and topics.

My Black Wealth Journey From Zero To Five Figure Selloff

My Backstory

Ten years ago I started building websites. I knew there was money online to be made, and I knew that I wanted to build a business that would set me free. I wanted to be able to travel and make money in my sleep, so a website was the perfect way for me to do that. I tried my hand at several concepts

• A dog website
  • A parmaceutical website
  • A 'make money' website

All of those projects failed. 

But all of those projects gave me a small piece of the puzzle. One site taught me search engine optimization. One taught me affiliate marketing. One taught me how to create content. And so I put it all together and started a food and beverage website.

And it was an accidental success.

I didnt realize it, but everything I learned started to come together. Every day, I would wake up to a little more traffic. A little more revenue. And more and more people interested in the message.

And so I scaled up. I turned everything I learned into a system. And I sold that website off for 5 figures.

I decided I wanted to focus on helping my people  - and I wanted to make sure what I achieved wasnt a fluke - so I started  another website called United Black America. And it was a success, too. Here is what it looked like back in the day.

The Pan African Forum

Man, good times!

Between 2008 and 2017, almost all of my income came from websites. I built and sold off an entire web-based company, too.

Why I Am Doing It Again

It has been years since I built my last website. Things have changed online, and I want to make sure that what I encourage you all to do - to build an online empire - still works.

What I Am Doing 

Last night I bought the domain for Real Natural Solutions. I will be documenting everything I do from the first blog post to the first dollar I make. I am doing this to make sure I am giving you all actionable info and practicing what I preach. After one year, I will sell this domain off and walk you all through that process as well.

You are going to see everything it takes to make a site successful in real time. I am going to check in here every Saturday as an exercise of my discipline and regardless of if anyone is reading this. I will report on

☑︎ What I got done in the previous week

☑︎ What I will do in the coming week

☑︎ Successes, Failures, Frustrations, and Questions I need answers to

☑︎ and most importantly - Traffic, Conversions, Ranking, and Site Speed!

At the end of this, I will rise out of the waters of chaos in victory.

The Pan African Forum

My goal is to sell this site off for more than $10,000 before the end of 2020.

I hope at least some of you will join me on this journey by starting your own journals here and documenting your progress. Click here and then click the 'New Topic' button.

I will be tuning in. Thank you Asad for your encouragement and willingness to be transparent.

Quote from Martha Gebru on November 21, 2019, 2:27 pm

I will be tuning in. Thank you Asad for your encouragement and willingness to be transparent.

And thank you for joining me on this journey @martha

I am always thankful of the work you do and I look forward to learning and sharing my experience as well.

Demetrius

Thanks Brother Asad for teaching us how to become producers instead of just consumers. I'll be following your process closely.

Inspirational and very motivational; thanks for sharing

You've got a student here who is ready and eager to learn.

As I reflect on this journey you will take, it reminds me of myself. Something I rarely ever share is from 1999-2012 I had a successful website too (Tha FreakStylaz Board). The period of activity varies. It's still visible on the Internet archives LOL

Please don't ask me why I'm ashamed to admit how successful this was, which has nothing to do with my incapability to monetize it, but I was more shy to admit I was a rapper. But I know I missed a very good opportunity as I built that site from Geocities, into a collaboration of teenage future writers/rappers/professors/doctors/etc. from all over the country. A few of these guys I still keep in contact with today through FB and IG.

But like you said, I learned so much from that experience, and I should have documented along the way. That website could have easily become what rapgenius.com is today, a music lyrics site for professional artists. I learned how important collaboration and conformity was to many people. I learned the formula for growth, as I didn't even own a personal computer, yet built this site with free resources online, and I was obsessed with it being the best. My grades surely suffered from my obsession LOL. I learned marketing, as we would visit other message board similar to it, and "battle rap" our way into recruiting new members. It's fascinating to reflect back on that time.

But this is a ride I am willing to take, and watch the progress, especially to learn from someone who's done it...should be a good one.

I'm definitely looking forward to the journey as I have a couple of ideas in my head to get off the ground.

One is my personal website, need one of those as a DJ, and a writer.

Also, I wanted to a have a website where my people will have access to the lecture notes I've been bequeathed with over the years, as well as digitizing books and videos, as a library component.

Quote from Igbotic on November 22, 2019, 9:41 am

You've got a student here who is ready and eager to learn.

As I reflect on this journey you will take, it reminds me of myself. Something I rarely ever share is from 1999-2012 I had a successful website too (Tha FreakStylaz Board). The period of activity varies. It's still visible on the Internet archives LOL

Please don't ask me why I'm ashamed to admit how successful this was, which has nothing to do with my incapability to monetize it, but I was more shy to admit I was a rapper. But I know I missed a very good opportunity as I built that site from Geocities, into a collaboration of teenage future writers/rappers/professors/doctors/etc. from all over the country. A few of these guys I still keep in contact with today through FB and IG.

But like you said, I learned so much from that experience, and I should have documented along the way. That website could have easily become what rapgenius.com is today, a music lyrics site for professional artists. I learned how important collaboration and conformity was to many people. I learned the formula for growth, as I didn't even own a personal computer, yet built this site with free resources online, and I was obsessed with it being the best. My grades surely suffered from my obsession LOL. I learned marketing, as we would visit other message board similar to it, and "battle rap" our way into recruiting new members. It's fascinating to reflect back on that time.

But this is a ride I am willing to take, and watch the progress, especially to learn from someone who's done it...should be a good one.

Dont be ashamed lol, thats a great experience and now I need to go see what that website is about. If your flows are weak Im letting you know... jk jk

Quote from Demetrius Irick on November 21, 2019, 9:56 pm

I am always thankful of the work you do and I look forward to learning and sharing my experience as well.

Demetrius

I believe in your project, and I will be here for as long as you need @dirick01 ✊?