The Pan African Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A CBD Certificate Of Training for allied health professionals

I have officially began creating of the world's first Certificate of Training program for Certified Athletic Trainers (AT) to become CBD-T. This distinction means, CBD-Trained, Athletic Trainers. This will give AT's the resources to educate their community about safe and effective use CBD and CBG treatments for medical prescription. Using their extensive knowledge of the human body and the musculoskeletal system, the successful completion of this evidence-based program will demonstrate an AT's competency of consulting patients through injury rehabilitation, stress management, PTSD, concussion, and the benefits as well as concerns of CBD use.

This is a modern and holistic approach to healthcare.

If you are an athlete and you've ever suffered an injury, then you likely have been examined and treated by an Athletic Trainer. This is what I do as W2 professional work, and this should not be confused with a Personal Trainer you would hire for performance training. An Athletic Trainer is a nationally certified healthcare professional who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries to healthy and diseased populations. They work in settings of high school, college, and professional sports, olympics, orthopedic clinics, surgical centers, industrial settings, public health, research, and surgical implant sales.

AT's will act as a guide for patients as they navigate the world of CBD and cannabis. As an AT, we have extensive knowledge of interactions across body systems, and thus, after completion, they will create CBD care plans that are customized for individual patients. Ultimately, they are CBD advocates and they are helping to remove the negative stigma that is associated with CBD and cannabis.

I have literally worked shoulder-to-shoulder in operating rooms alongside the best orthopedic surgeons in the country from Colorado to California, and have worked in pain clinics, joint replacement specialties, rehab facilities, and currently with pediatric sports medicine.

As an athletic trainer in the State of California with experience with CBD and cannabis, in addition to the limited restrictions involved with our practice, it is my position that AT's should be on the front lines of this revolutionary treatment for pain, inflammation, nausea, concussions, and promote optimal health.

There is a similar Certificate offered by Alternate Health and I completed their program, and I noticed how basic the information was being presented. For a higher level of academic rigor expected from Athletic Training, I will elevate this content and make it directly relevant to our profession.

I want to create the same information delivered through digital media but tailored specifically for sports and the type of conditions specific to my field.

Vertical Integration is the next element of the program. The plan is to partner with Black Hemp/CBD farmers/suppliers who  can provide our graduates a Business Builder option, wherein they become a directory or marketplace for graduates to immediately begin earning through selling their CBD products.

This model was done with concussions (ImPACT), with instrument-assisted massage (Graston technique, IASTYM), and now I will be the first to create a Certificate of Training for CBD.  Our national governing body does not want to touch this topic. But as they sit back and collect our dues while doing little to advance the profession, I will step in and optimize the health of myself and my community through teaching, business education, and unlocking the genius in our African DNA. <-- my Nia

@yougoteck Im glad to see you made it over! Drop a link to your website.

Also, what are your goals for your business? What challenges are you facing that you could use some help with? Do you know of any directories for Black hemp and CBD farmers and suppliers?

Wow! Pioneering a field that is about to be booming, that is so exciting. Keep us posted brotha looking forward to hearing the details. Who is making the CBD products?

For the record

Dec. 12 Major League Baseball officially announced changes to the Drug Abuse policy and they have agreed to remove cannabis, adding opioids and cocaine.
Dec. 13 The House passes sweeping bill to lower Rx medication cost

Quote from Martha Gebru on November 27, 2019, 2:57 pm

Wow! Pioneering a field that is about to be booming, that is so exciting. Keep us posted brotha looking forward to hearing the details. Who is making the CBD products?

I have a several companies in mind to manufacture the CBD products. Keeping true to the Claud Anderson principles, this will be a very involved process.

Note: For the sake of the wealth journal, I'm including my answers from the past. As I've continued to work on this journey, these answers have become much more targeted and focused. I post these answers to demonstrate the evolution

What are your goals for your business?

Two main goals; educate professionals how to incorporate CBD their treatment plans, and connect a specific group of buyers, with a specific group of competent and credible sellers. I can't reveal specific details about the business in this public forum at this phase, but I can tell you what is guiding my thinking. In any business that I create, basically, I have a  feeling that the future is going to be us "buying from one another." This is known as "profit sharing" model. This is evident in the success clues that companies like Uber, AirBNB, etc. left behind, who despite being leaders in their respective industry, they don't own any taxi's nor hotels. In the case of Uber, at this time, they are not a profitable company yet they are valued at $49B, by simply facilitating these transactions. 

What challenges are you facing that you could use some help with?

Ultimately I want to get people out of the mindset of "buying things without thinking." This will be the hardest challenge to overcome. People who are in the mind frame that they are sick, usually will look to do something about it, i.e. see a doctor, visit a drug store, research online, talk to a friend, etc. Since I deal mainly with the athletic and active population, these folks are typically healthy. Now, I am blending the two groups.

I am redefining what is "healthy," because while you may not have a metabolic syndrome like diabetes or high blood pressure, you are in a constant state of inflammation if you have pain in your joints or muscle tissue. This could have a negative impact on your daily life, if it hurts to exercise, walk greater than 30 mins, or get in a squat position. 

I am facing the task of removing CBD's association with marijuana and law enforcement oversight, as well as how to use CBD for restoring your functioning body part. Even athletes who consistently train can experience chronic low grade inflammation if their bodies are constantly fighting against injury, including infections, poor diet, or minimal swelling, unexplained aches, and funk moods. And with the way the mind works, if you "hint" to yourself that these things are getting worse, either because you are not capable of addressing the issue or you just don't know what's happening, inevitably they will get worse.

Do you know of any directories for Black hemp and CBD farmers and suppliers?

Fortunately, I have formed relationships with one large grower/manufacturer , and several suppliers here in California. So I am not aware of a directory. But if we are operating with the idea that the future is "buying from one another," this sounds like an opportunity. According to Dept of Agriculture census of agriculture, Black farmers are 1.4% of the 3.2 million farmers. The Hemp Business Journal (again, publications are another industry prime with opportunity), points out that USDA have long discriminated against Black famers (which is the Byron Allen position and a violation of Civil Rights Act of 1866 Section 1981 ....y'all listening?) and could be getting left behind. 

For the sake of other folks' privacy who working behind-the-scenes, some names and details have been left out.

This "To do" list is compiled of my notes:

1. Complete website to a functional payment-processing level.

-Ensure email address is functioning.

-Descriptions are complete.

-Free access to intake forms

-Jeff K, Brian H articles linked, link any article possible related to CBD, athletes

2.  Advertising via FB groups, Instagram, follow as many CBD related accounts and cannathletes ASAP, The DEN

-Pose questions to lead toward favorable discussions (see bkmrk list) 

-AT are great at translating medical language when Dr-speak goes over their heads. The benefits of CBD treatments are no different. Let's break it down

3. Brian to provide NDA and LLC/Trademark information

4. Draft email to Lily at K Capital

5. Recruit SF semi-professional team as a test group

6. Draft medical history/patient intake form to be used for consultations

-Adapted sample online forms

7. Contact Hightower for CBD supplier

8. Contact SOMA for semi-professional team

-Examine all City Cat team members and collect inventory

-increase win streak attributed to treatment 

9. Subscribe to new Podcast

10. Contact Dr. pediatric rheumatologist, Dr. R Patel per introduction (1 powerful person)

11. Connect with Support Groups

-Entrepreneurs; Lawrence in CA, Biggis in IL

-Orgs; M4MM

-AT's; J J, G D, B B

-Clinicians; Dr.  Patel, Dr. Mendel, Patrick Rolfer

12. Record voiceover for promo videos

What I Got Done?

Draft Video Promo 1

The first big step in the promotion phase is mastering the video and audio. The idea here is to introduce the service and generate interest. My wife says I sound like a robot LOL, but I plan for a woman's voice to eventually replace mine.

What were trying to accomplish?

-Explain what the product is

-What the professional will expect to receive once they've completed

-How this will help them

Quote from Igbotic on December 13, 2019, 11:16 am

For the record

Dec. 12 Major League Baseball officially announced changes to the Drug Abuse policy and they have agreed to remove cannabis, adding opioids and cocaine.
Dec. 13 The House passes sweeping bill to lower Rx medication cost

Hold up - I didnt know this. So MLB players can smoke weed now? Or is it just medical like CBD?

Quote from Asad Malik on January 16, 2020, 9:09 am

Hold up - I didnt know this. So MLB players can smoke weed now? Or is it just medical like CBD?

In short, yes!

They will not be suspended for "failing" a marijuana test. In the past, depending on your 1st, 2nd, etc. offense, you could be suspended for half-season, or an entire season. No longer will that rule apply.