You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Transportation Company

My name is Shonda. I have a recently quit corporate America to pursue financial freedom. Me and my partner want to own a transportation company. We have started saving to buy our first truck. After we get our truck we will be obtaining our own authority. With the authority we will work for ourselves. After we get those items we will start saving and growing the business. Our 5 year plan is to have 5 trucks running with 5 employees driving them. Our goal is to have a trucks in all industries of transportation.

I have been thinking about creating a logistics company in areas outside of the United States. How does the whole transportation company thing work @pepper313 ?

With your own authority you are the company. Meaning you pay for your fuel, maintenance on your vehicle, insurance and you find your loads. Loads is freight. There is a load board where brokers post freight(where it's going, coming from, price to pick load up and drop it off,what kind of trailer it needs, time frame it needs to get there and weight). You contact the broker to accept the load. Once you and the broker negotiate and work out the details, the responsibility is yours. It's like lyft or uber, the customer needs a ride(shipper to receiver), lyft finds a driver(broker), lyft driver accepts pickup(your transportation company). Lyft pays Lyft driver (broker pays you after the load is delivered). Let me know if I confused you. @uba

You have an excellent way of breaking things down @pepper313 - Asante, Queen!

Interesting. I've always wondered why the trucking and shipping industry was such a profitable industry.

Question: If you take a load, say, from California to New York, how does one get back to the Westcoast? What's involved with that?

Just curious

Quote from Igbotic on March 5, 2020, 12:54 am

Question: If you take a load, say, from California to New York, how does one get back to the Westcoast? What's involved with that?

Just curious

My king is a truck driver. He drives locally now, but he used to drive across country. If he had a drop off in New York, the dispatcher/broker would find a load for him to pick up that was heading back to California to be delivered. Some times it would be in another state, but it would still headed west. That way he would make money on the way home as well.