You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Why We Are Fighting A Culture War As Much As A Physical War

If you have been learning from this site for some time, you have seen how how white supremacy came to dominate Black culture. You learned the indigenous values that link every Black culture on Earth. And you learned ways that we can move our people towards a unified Pan-African Culture. There is an African proverb that reads to know and not to do is to not yet know. To make sure you innerstand today's material, you will go deeper into the topic below.

Read https://www.panafricanalliance.com/white-values-original-values/ and then describe how western values have been used to destroy our Black communities. Include examples of how white standards of beauty have changed the way we look and the qualities that we appreciate. To make it easier for you to respond, copy the template below and paste it in your response.

Describe how individualism has been used to destroy Black communities:

Describe how Conflict and Control has been used to destroy Black communities:

Describe how Manipulation has been used to destroy Black communities:

Describe how Individualism has been used to destroy Black communities:

Describe how Consumerism has been used to destroy Black communities:

Describe how white standards of beauty have changed the way we look and the qualities we appreciate:

Describe how individualism has been used to destroy Black communities:

The Black community has been destroyed by individualism because we have lost the meaning to commute and of having a community. Divide and conquer has been the motivation for centuries when it pertains to white supremacy. Individualism has been used against us to work against one another such as The Black Panther Party, the War on Drugs and the murders of Dr. King and Malcolm X. All examples of individualism and how it has destroyed us as a community. 

Describe how Conflict and Control has been used to destroy Black communities:

Conflict and Control has been used to destroy the Black community with Jim Crow laws which are still in affect in regards to the prisons that are filled with more people of the black race than any other race. Aside from that, the violence and savagery that instilled fear into the community. The KKK, lynchings, being taken away from families and murdered right in front of your loved ones. The fear that was instilled in the Black community for centuries has been used to control us as well as conflict us not only against one another but within ourselves. 

Describe how Manipulation has been used to destroy Black communities:

In almost every Black community you can find a Liqour store, followed by a fast food place such as McDonald's and of course a church (place of worship) all on the same block in some cases. Manipulation has been used to destroy Black communities because many of us have long forgotten the natural ways we spiritually gave in to nature and allowed nature to be as is without adding superficial substances to it in order to manipulate. Many of us suffer from health issues and are being prescribed with medication for our medication when it all starts with what we put into our bodies and how we are feeding our temple. There is a small percentage of what is natural when it pertains to what we eat no matter where we buy it from unless we grow these natural resources ourselves. Manipulation with our food, the weather, diseases are being used to kill us off slowly but surely if we are not willing to do the work to make sacrificial changes as well as planting those seeds of knowledge to our fellow brothers and sisters. 

Describe how Consumerism has been used to destroy Black communities:

Black people are the biggest consumers in the world. When it pertains to labels, many of us are walking billboards of different brands that could care less about us and our community. Music videos have contributed to this consumerism mindset and what the media chooses to display for the masses in order to further control us into buying the things that we do not need but are made to believe we need. For example, I cannot think of one rap video that does not have an overly expensive extravagant vehicle on display with bands of Benjamins falling from the sky and a main chick who is barely dressed and fresh off the table of Dr. Miami. Additionally, the guy is draped in diamonds, gold, Jordans, or whatever name brand get-up that is trending at the time and what do we do when we see this type of gratification? We are eager to buy, consume and spend even if we do not have the money for it. I've seen it one too many times and have been there myself when it pertains to name brand this and sneaker-head that. I may not have had enough money to ride the train but I'm fresh though type of mindset. 

Describe how white standards of beauty have changed the way we look and the qualities we appreciate:

As a Black woman, I am all too familiar with the 'standards of beauty' that I grew up on. Obtaining chemicals for my hair in order for it to be straight. Dressing a certain way, not knowing any better but wanting to 'fit in' with what it meant to be beautiful. Additionally, the women with the lighter skin, lighter eyes and longer, bone straight hair were the women who received most of the attention. They didn't even have to be Black but resemble the white standards of beauty and that was all that mattered growing up, and especially being an adolescent where everyone is trying to figure themselves out on a superficial surface. Even nowadays, so many people are doing under the knife to enhance body parts, take some body parts out, lighten their skin, etc. I recall growing up a young lady telling me that she wants to marry an Hispanic man so that her child can have 'good hair.' What is good hair? At the time, I didn't know any better. We were children and of course if anyone were to say something like that in my presence now I would have a lot of questions to ask especially from a fellow sister.