Ghana’s invitation could not come at a better time. In Washington, D.C., in September 2018, Ghana’s President Nana Akufo-Addo declared and formally launched the “Year of Return, Ghana 2019” for Africans in the Diaspora, giving fresh incentive to Blacks in the Diaspora to re-unite with their brothers and sisters on the Continent.
Ghana’s invitation comes as the west is tightening its noose on the necks of indigenous Americans. History shows us that when an empire is entering its last days, it begins to turn in on itself. The minorities that occupy the lowest levels of society become scapegoats for the nation’s ills. These minorities are exterminated to appease the masses. We have found ourselves at the dawn of just such an era.
Here are 4 reasons you should get out now, before things get really ugly…
American Capitalism is Failing
Many believe America is the land of opportunity, a place where anyone can rise as high as their skills and ambitions will allow them, regardless of their background. This is known as ‘the American Dream’ and has been the direct result of American style capitalism.
What has happened instead is the few people who have become ultra-wealthy have used their money to buy off politicians. Those politicians then change the laws to benefit their patrons, so the rich get much richer and the poor and middle class are left supporting the system the rich have built to take care of themselves.
Here is where we find ourselves in 2019:
- Over 50 percent of all stocks and bonds are owned by just 1 percent of the U.S. population.
- The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled banks can legally steal the money of its depositors.
- The median income in the US is around $29,000, meaning half of us make less and half make more. If you make $29,000 a year, and don’t spend a single penny of it, it will take you 34,482 years to save a billion dollars.
- The richest 1% of U.S. households owned 38.6% of the nation’s private wealth. That’s more than the combined wealth of the bottom 90 percent.
400 people have as much wealth as half of our population. The combined net worth of the Forbes 400 wealthiest Americans in 2007 was $1.5 trillion. In 2019, it was a record-breaking $2.9 trillon. The combined net worth of the poorest 50% of American households: $1.6 trillion.
- Between 1979 and today, the top 5% of American families saw their real incomes increase 86%, according to Census data. Over the same period, the lowest-income fifth (20% of us) saw a decrease in real income of 6.1%. The rich are indeed getting richer, while the poor are borrowing more and more, falling further and further behind.
Once upon a time, the system worked for the hardest working and most innovative among us. Now, the system has been hijacked and works only for the wealthy…which probably includes your boss.
If you are not ultra-wealthy or an entrepreneur, you are either unemployed or a member of the working class.
For generations, working class Americans shared the belief that if you worked hard, a livable income would be yours. But today, more than 30 million men and women in this country work in jobs paying poverty wages and providing few if any benefits.
Of course, Black men and women are over-represented in these low wage fields that include:
- nurse’s aides
- child-care workers
- call-center workers
- bank tellers
- bartenders, waiters, and waitresses
- pharmacy assistants
- hair dressers
- parking-lot attendants
- hotel receptionists
- ambulance drivers
- and meat processors to name a few
When full time American workers can not afford to live even marginally on the wages they earn, and 1 out of every 4 adults cant even find a job, the capitalist system is not working for us.
America is a Police State
The following are some amazing facts…
- There are more than 2.2 million people behind bars in America as you read this article. Since 1980, the number of people incarcerated in U.S. prisons has quadrupled.
- Approximately 12 million people cycle through local jails in the U.S. each and every year.
- Overall, the United States has the largest prison population and the highest incarceration rate in the entire world.
- The state of Maryland (total population 5.9 million) has more people in prison than Iraq (total population 31.9 million).
- The state of Ohio (total population 11.6 million) has more people in prison than Pakistan (total population 192.1 million).
- Between 1990 and 2009 the number of Americans in private prisons increased by about 1600 percent. And according to The Sentencing Project, From 2000 to 2016 the number of people housed in private prisons increased five times faster than the total prison population.
- There are more African-Americans under “correctional supervision” right now than were in slavery in the United States in 1850.
- The incarceration rate for African-American men is more than 6 times higher than it is for white men.
- Police in New York City conducted nearly 700,000 “stop-and-frisk searches” in 2011 alone.
- The “SWATification” of America has gotten completely and totally out of control. Back in 1980, there were only about 3,000 SWAT raids in the United States for the entire year. Today, there are more than 80,000 SWAT raids in the United States every single year.
If you become a felon, it is nearly impossible for you to live a normal life in America. Most people will not hire you, and in many cases public assistance is not available to you. Your rights are removed and you can officially be turned into a slave (see the 13th Amendment). Felons are left with very few options, outside of returning to a life of crime.
Some believe if they stay on “the right side of the law”, they can avoid incarceration. But America’s legal system has proven the color of your skin is your conviction. From Democracy Now!:
Two African-American half-brothers have been exonerated of rape and murder after more than 30 years behind bars in North Carolina. Henry Lee McCollum and Leon Brown were found guilty in 1984 of the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl. There was no physical evidence tying them to the crime, but police obtained confessions that McCollum and Brown have always said were coerced.
63 percent of all convicts set free after DNA evidence proved their innocence have been Black. These men and women had huge amounts of time stolen from them after being wrongly convicted. How many more innocent Blacks have been executed?
How many more innocent Blacks sit in prison or jail, exhausting themselves fighting against false charges?
Big Brother Aint Got Shit on ‘Murica
The Black community is no stranger to mass surveillance. The FBI was born out of J. Edgar Hoover’s quest to destroy Marcus Garvey and prevent the rise of a Black Messiah. Programs like COINTELPRO placed virtually the entire Black population under police surveillance.
But what was once limited to us has expanded to include all citizens. 1984 was the title of a book written by George Orwell describing a future where everyone is controlled by a “big brother”. Big brother’s slogan was
WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
First, since the very beginning of the United States as a Republic, war has been seen as the best way to keep America safe. By attacking first, the U.S. has led the world into several unjust wars across the globe. Instead of creating peace through war, the United States has only produced more conflict. See Libya, Iraq, Syria, and the Horn of Africa.
Second, one of the definitions of the word slavery is excessive dependence on or devotion to something. America sells its citizens on going to college and getting a job to achieve the ‘America Dream’. However, this is the path to slavery. By yoking yourself to a company, you put your trust in someone else to feed your family and provide for your quality of life. Thus, your excessive dependence on the system leads you to surrender your sovereignty.
Third, ‘Ignorance is Strength’ means by keeping the people ignorant of the facts or dumbed down, the government will be even more powerful and less likely to be overthrown. For instance, some of you still think Gaddafi was a dictator and 9/11 was caused by Muslim terrorists.
Another theme in the book was big brother’s ability to keep everyone under surveillance to track down and imprison “thought terrorists” – anyone who was an intellectual threat to the system. China is currently pioneering such systems. It is only a matter of time before the West follows suit.
In fact, the United State spends nearly $1 Trillion on surveillance using a vast network of 17 different organizations. Each of these organizations operate under a shroud of secrecy with very little oversight, leaving the average citizen with no knowledge of how they operate.
- Prime Video, R (Restricted)
- Running time: 110 minutes
- John Hurt, Richard Burton, Suzanna Hamilton
While we don’t know much about what they do, we do know they use fake cell phone towers to collect billions of email messages and phone calls from American citizens. We also know the National Security Agency (NSA) has built the worlds largest spy center to collect private emails, cell phone calls and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data —parking receipts, travel itineraries, and bookstore purchases.
Civil liberties did not exist in the future police state of 1984. The same can be said of the United States, 2014. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit Democracy Index 2011, the United States is tied with Romania for forty-ninth in civil liberties. Police are being militarized across the country as if they are getting ready for something. And the Department of Homeland Security has bought 1.6 Billion rounds of ammunition.
Black is Under Attack
No one can deny the fact that Black is under attack. Our neighborhoods have gone from being simply exploited to being outright battlefields. Our fortunes are being wiped out, our children are the victims of miseducation, and we are raped in prisons, beaten, murdered, and set against each other.
For us to attempt to mount a defense against these attacks from behind enemy lines is like us attempting to take over the prison as prisoners. We may experience some small victories, but the house always wins.
Black men and women are in the perfect position to return to Africa to both help their situation and to achieve success that America has made impossible to obtain. In the United States, a Black man or woman with a diploma is nearly worthless. But in Africa, with a 60% literacy rate, that same person could earn a substantial living as a literate entrepreneur or educator. Those same low paying jobs we listed above can command a higher income in Africa than in America.
Sure, Africa has its fair share of problems (especially Nigeria), but given the option of staying under the direct control of white supremacy versus living free and prospering with ones own people, the choice should be clear. And starting over in a country that doesn’t target you for the color of your skin could mean the difference between a life worth living and a life as a perpetual prisoner.
If you are thinking about leaving the stinking, sinking ship of the United States behind, we wrote Escape America With These 5 Best Places To Vacation In Africa. Start there.