- Black Message Boards And Social Media Sites
- Best Websites By and For Black Women
- African And Pan-African Websites
- Black Dating Websites
- Black E-commerce Websites
- Best Websites For African Spirituality
- Best Black History Websites
- Best Black Websites For Culture, Sports, And Entertainment
- Best Black Websites For Business, Money, And Professional Development
- Best Black Websites For News, Activism, and Politics
- Black Dating, Relationships, and Parenting Websites
- Best Black Websites For Health and Fitness
- Best Black Websites For S.T.E.M.
- Websites For Revolutionary Black Thought
We have spent the entire year looking for the BEST Black websites, African American websites, African websites, and Black dating websites online! All links are regularly checked.
These websites are all active, malware free, and regularly updated. If you don’t see your favorite site on this list, leave a comment below and let us know!
Black Message Boards And Social Media Sites
- Black Share – A Facebook clone for the Black community. Works just like Facebook. In fact, I can barely tell the difference between this site and Facebook (for better or worse). This is a new site, having been launched in October of 2018, so expect growth this year as more member communities discover the site.
- Cocoa Lounge – Another old and active message board. Focuses on news and entertainment, but anything goes.
- Blaggenuf – A social media site built by author and educator Dr. Boyce Watkins. Feels like a message board with a social media element. Not a lot of value being dropped here, but worth a look.
- Destee – One of the most vibrant message boards online. Large and open minded community and lots of resources.
- Abibitumi Kasa – One of the better Pan African message boards online. Scroll down to the Afrikan Liberation Institute section for the most activity.
- Black Junction – Also available as an app for both Android and Apple devices. Looks and feels like another Facebook clone. Still worth a look.
- Black Planet – Remember Black Planet from back in 1997? Its still alive. And it looks like its making a comeback! I wonder if my old login from high school still works 🤔
- Black Bloggers Connect – A social network where Black bloggers share tips on professional development and online success. There is also a wealth of information on succeeding as a Blogger online.
- Lipstick Alley – Geared towards a primarily Black woman audience. This message board has been around for 18 years, so chances are whatever is on your mind has been brought up somewhere here. Speaking of Black women…
Best Websites By and For Black Women
- Hello Beautiful – Where Black women go to talk about themselves shamelessly. Very active site with a huge readership.
- Your Chic Is Showing – A well designed, relevant, high fashion oriented website by a self-proclaimed Fashionista
- The Budget Fashionista – Womens fashion trends for those balling on a budget!
- Afro Bella – What list of Black Women’s websites would be complete without a nod to Afro Bella, the Grand Diva of Black Beauty Blogging! Afrobella is on For Harriet’s list of 45 must follow Tumblr blogs, and on Mike Street’s list of top 10 African Americans to follow on Pinterest. Afrobella is on the Signature 99 list of top beauty and fashion bloggers in the world. Afrobella is dedicated to product reviews, ruminations about culture, music and style, and interviews with women all shades of beautiful.
- Mama Knows it All – GREAT website by a single mother who is also an Out of School Time Educator, and creator of the D.R.A.M.A. Queens program (Dream Realizing and Mission Accomplishing Queens) to encourage positive self-esteem in girls and women.
- Madame Noire – For 8 years, this site has been dropping some of the best content on fashion, relationships, and lifestyle on the internet. While it is geared towards women, I still enjoy reading a lot of the content. Its that good!
- Black Women of Brazil – Brazil is home to the largest population of Black men and women outside of Africa. This website is dedicated to the Black women of Brazil, some of the most beautiful, intelligent, and revolutionary women in the diaspora.
African And Pan-African Websites
- Vanguard Media Nigeria – Vanguard Media Limited, publishers of Vanguard Newspapers was established in 1984 by Mr. Sam Amuka (a renowned, veteran journalist and columnist of the Sad Sam Fame. Sam Amuka was editor of Sunday Times and the First Managing Director of the Punch Newspaper.) He is from Itsekiri land in the present Delta State of Nigeria.
- The South African – Established in 2003 by Blue Sky Publications Ltd, it is host to a loyal reader base of four million+ unique visitors monthly – a number which is rapidly growing.
- All Africa – The Grandaddy of Africa news websites. Be prepared to spend all day surfing this one!
- Face2Face Africa – Clean design and very relevant, well written articles. We regularly feature Face 2 Face posts on our main site.
- Pambazuka News -‘Pambazuka’ in Kiswahili means the dawn or to arise as a verb. Pambazuka News is produced by a pan-African community of some 2,600 citizens and organizations – academics, policy makers, social activists, women’s and civil organizations, writers, artists, poets, bloggers, and commentators who together produce insightful, sharp and thoughtful analyses and make it one of the largest and most innovative and influential web forums for social justice in Africa.
- Africa News – One of the most visited websites on the African Continent, the website is available in both English and French. If you only include one African news outlet in your feed, make it this one.
- Pan-African News Wire – The world’s only international daily Pan-African News source edited by the legendary Abayomi Azikiwe.
- Africa Unchained – If you are seeking a true understanding of today’s African diaspora from a true African point of view, you need to frequent Africa Unchained. Its author, Emeka Okafor is a New York native and entrepreneur who runs this site.
- Linda Ikeji’s Blog – Nigerian based woman entrepreneur Linda Ikeji runs one of the largest, busiest, and most popular Black websites in the world. Her blog breaks news faster than most other independent outlets out there. I personally check her site out on a daily basis!
- Hapa Kenya – HapaKenya is a Kenyan digital news platform with a very well designed site and tons of relevant information. This is not one of the top 50 Kenyan websites by popularity yet, but will be soon if they keep it up.
- Citi News Room – This is without a doubt the most popular Ghana news outlet. If you want to stay on top of Ghana news, Citi needs to be on your list.
- Modern Ghana – More than just news, you can find information on real estate for sale, classified ads, a full business and website directory, and a vibrant social community.
- Peace FM Online – Peace FM is a Ghana based radio station that delivers services to all Ghanaians on platforms ranging from news, online radio and audio on demand. If you are looking for a solid audio platform for Ghana news, this is it.
- Ghana Web – All the standard information delivered by other Ghana news portals, but with far more categories than the others.
- Sahara Reporters – New York based Sahara Reporters encourages citizen journalists to report ongoing corruption and government malfeasance in Africa. Using photos, text, and video dynamically, the site informs and prompts concerned African citizens and activists globally to act, denouncing officially-sanctioned corruption, the material impoverishment of its citizenry, and defilement of the environment.
- News 24 South Africa – Find property to buy, sell or buy a car, and stay up on South African news. This is a huge platform that covers most of Southern Africa.
- Sowetan Live – SowetanLIVE, published by Tiso Blackstar Group in Johannesburg, is the website of the Sowetan, the English-language South African daily newspaper that started in 1981 as a liberation struggle publication and which serves a proudly South African readership who have earned the right to be in the know and on the move.
Black Dating Websites
- Afro Introductions – The leading Black dating site linking the world to African women and African singles – both in America and around the world
- BlackSingles.com – Huge site with strong track record of people looking like their pics…lol!
- Elite Matchmaking – Video profiles, chat rooms, singles events, and mobile phone texting makes this service the best on this list. AND ITS FREE!
Black E-commerce Websites
- Bid Or Buy Africa – Bidorbuy is an online marketplace where many independent sellers sell directly to buyers. Established in 1999, the site has created a safe and convenient way for people to buy and sell virtually anything online at a fixed price or in an auction format.
- Buy Rent Kenya – This is a real estate E-Commerce platform based in Kenya (obviously). As Kenya’s trusted property website, BuyRentKenya connects agents and developers with buyers and renters conveniently online.
- We Buy Black – WeBuyBlack.com is an online marketplace for all Black sellers to display their products for sale. Created by Atlanta, Georgia (USA) based entrepreneur Shareef Abdul-Malik
- Afrimart – Africa’s first intra-continental online business-to-business trade platform. This platform is designed to create new business opportunities for African SMEs and general merchants on the quest for growth and expansion by creating visibility and accessibility to African buyers and suppliers. The result is a seamless trade of African goods and services.
- Takealot – This South African based site has been around for over a decade, having been established in the year 2002. Its broad catalogue and variety of products in entertainment gives it an impressionable edge. Customers can shop anything from books to games, computers and TVs.
- Jumia – Jumia is a BEAST of an ecommerce site! Available in dozens of African countries with a well designed site, Jumia has over 500 millions visits per year across Africa with 41 thousands active merchants on their sites selling over 6.1 millions products and services!
Best Websites For African Spirituality
- Wu-Nuwaup – One of the many sites of the Nuwaubian nation. Not much content, but decent design and info
- Murakush Society – a Moorish Islamic Interfaith Fraternal Society carrying out the functions of Moorish government. Also includes Moors who are not Muslim, however Moors that choose to become members would go through an Islamic Moorish Naturalization process.
- Mind of the Grind – A 5 Percenter website thats been dropping knowledge and elevating minds for 5 years. Although the site hasnt been updated recently, there is still a wealth of knowledge.
- The Sacred Forest – A website for devotees of Ifa and S’ango by Priestess (Iyanifa) Mahealani Uchiyama.
- Obafemio – This is the website of Baba Obafemi, a student of Orisa Lifestyle since 1992. He was initiated into the mysteries of Ifa by Araba Fayemi Elebuibon in the sacred grove at Oke Ayo, Osogbo. In addition, Baba Obafemi is a professionally-trained counselor, with a Master of Arts in Education with a concentration in Counseling from San Diego State University. The site is filled with podcasts, articles, and classes that introduce practicioners to Ifa in a practical way.
- Ayele Kumari – The website of Onikaa, a Licensed Metaphysical Minister, Certified Ayurvedic Therapist and Aromatherapist, Herbologist, and author of 3 books. She offers a dynamic blend of western and indigenous training from common sense mother wit to high spiritual science. She also offers retreats and personal mentoring for those interested in healing and indigenous knowledge systems.
- Kemetic Yoga – The geometric positions and postures seen in the hieroglyphs and temple walls of ancient Egypt are some of the earliest manifestations of yoga – and Yirsir Ra Imhotep is one of the most authoritative voices on the subject. He has synthesized the practice of Kemetic Yoga into a system called the YogaSkills Method that you can learn more about on the site.
Best Black History Websites
- Juneteenth – Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. The website features information, as well as national events
- Black History – Much of the historical research that we do on this site comes from BlackHistory.com. Great for research purposes, and also has a large database of user created sites. By far, one of the better Black history websites online!
- Black Facts – world’s largest free online database of black history information
- Real African American Heroes – salutes hundreds of African Americans who have made a difference. Browse EVERY copy of Jet, Ebony, and Negro Digest going back to 1951. Truly a great resource!
- Afri Geneas – A Black history website devoted to African American genealogy with a decent blog
- Global Black History – Black history website that covers global events
- Uncrowned Community Builders – A user generated collection of the bios of unknown or forgotten community builders
- Before They Die – This is a Black history website that tells the story of the survivors of the 1921 Tulsa Race Riot also known as “Black Wall Street”. An estimated 300 were killed and over 10,000 people displaced, as a 42 square block area of their homes and businesses were burned to the ground by a white mob that had been deputized by the sheriff.
- Black Past – This 15,000 page reference center is dedicated to providing information to the general public on African American history and on the history of the more than one billion people of African ancestry around the world.
Best Black Websites For Culture, Sports, And Entertainment
- Thy Black Man – A MASSIVE site with tons of articles from bloggers around the net. Topics range from pop culture to revolutionary Black thought.
- Yoli’s Green Living– Black Enterprise named Yoli the “Queen of Green” and one of the Top 20 National Bloggers. She offers rich, colorful meal and food preparation demos, workshops, lectures, and organizes a variety of eco-chic green themed events in New York.
- My American Melting Pot – Although more of a parenting, identity politics, and pop culture site, MAMP encompasses much of the Black experience from a multi-cultural point of view
- Your Black World – A Boyce Wakins Joint, and a near complete collection of all things Black culture (news, entertainment, etc)
- Soul of America – A great African American travel website. SoulOfAmerica is the pioneer online publisher of Black cultural travel information in U.S. Cities, the Caribbean and select International destinations.
- Our Legacy – An interactive Black news/journal in which award winning writer and entrepreneur, Jessica Ann Mitchell, explores different nuances of the Black experience.
- Ashy 2 Classy – Runs a radio show/podcast called Straight Outta Lo Cash that will have you ROLLING!
- Black America Cooks – Recipes and profiles of African American chefs. Step your kitchen game up!
- Essence – Founded in 1970, Essence is an international, omni-channel destination for diverse storytelling and original content comprising beauty, fashion, lifestyle, entertainment and culture. The website has been online since 1996!
- Ebony – After more than 20 years online, Ebony is still going strong! The EBONY brand, including print, digital and social reaches over 30 million readers monthly. EBONY media reflects the cross section of Black America as delivered by the best thinkers, trendsetters, activists, celebrities and next-generation leaders.
- SOHH – For the best in Hip-Hop News, there is SOHH (Support Online Hip Hop). Voted one of the best Hip Hop sites by Rolling Stone in 2001. SOHH’s information was last updated Jan 08, 2019.
- Black Film – provides a forum for filmmakers, scholars and organizations to present information and promote artistic expression. Tons of recent content!
- Alvin Ailey Online – Website for legendary Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater (grew from a now-fabled performance in March 1958 at the 92nd Street Y in New York City).
- Nubian Poets – a MAGNIFICENT site that even teaches you How to write a Haiku, How to write a Sonnet, and How to write a Limerick
- The Black Book Review – Publishes a monthly free Black Book Review digital and print magazine
- The African American Literature Book Club – is the largest and most frequently visited (Based on Alexa.com and others) African American websites dedicated to books and film by and about people of African descent
- Rolling Out – For 20 years, Rolling Out has been keeping you updated on hip hop and cultural news. Rolling Out is owned by the powerhouse Steed Media Group, an Atlanta-based multi-media firm currently reaching almost 1MM urban multicultural viewers in the US monthly. Founded in 1998, SMG has grown from just one offering, Rolling Out free weekly newspaper, to a multifaceted media company that offers a broad range of services from custom content creation to conference productions, from publishing to media advisory.
- Black Gospel Music Clef – This website is HUGE! 4,000+ Twitter followers, 15 years in business, over 90,000 subscribers, and tons of articles, reviews, and information on the gospel music industry.
- Black Conscious Artist Database – Not updated frequently but still one of the best organized databases of Black Conscious rappers and MCs anywhere! No excuse not to support true and living music!
- All Hip Hop – AllHipHop.com was founded and launched in 1998 by CEO’s Grouchy Greg Watkins and Chuck “Jigsaw” Creekmur. AllHipHop.com is a valuable resource for hip-hop on the internet, featuring daily news, interviews, reviews, multimedia, a fast growing community and other interesting content.
- Straight From The A – One of the best entertainment and gossip websites PERIOD! Although the focus is on Atlanta goings on, you will enjoy it regardless of where you are!
- Media Take Out – Claims to be the most visited of all African American websites for urban entertainment.
- Divas and Dorks – a celebration of men & women who enjoy the latest in fashion, technology & entertainment. Divas and Dorks readers are intelligent and glamorous, enlightening and entertaining not to mention friendly, fabulous and fun.
- Inside Black College Sports – Sports News and views from across the Black college diaspora
- Black Baseball – Not regularly updated, but a wealth of information makes this site still worth checking out
- National Brotherhood of Skiers – At a time when African Americans on the ski slopes were a rarity and black ski clubs were an exception, Ben Finley and Art Clay were not deterred from their vision to create a national Black Ski Summit.
Best Black Websites For Business, Money, And Professional Development
- The Network Journal – Monthly online business magazine for Black professionals and business owners. They must be doing something right; A recent Research USA study indicates that their readers have an average household net worth of $611,250!
- Rise and Grind – Real, no bullshit podcast by Compton Entrepreneur and author Daniel Freeman. This is an unpolished look at grinding from the streets.
- Succeed As Your Own Boss – Discover How to Finally Get Paid What You are Worth and Profit From Your Passion. This site has been nothing but an asset since I subscribed.
- I Am Charles Taylor – This man knows what he is doing. Business, hustle, inspiration…all in a damned good website layout! DO NOT MISS THIS ONE!
- Black Economic Development – issues related to improving the economic condition of Black people are openly discussed, along with a variety of content to spur critical thinking and positive action. Not frequently updated but worth a read.
- Minority Business Entrepreneur Magazine – One of the biggest, best, and most professional online magazines. A great resource for business minded men and women.
- African Executive – This is a Pan-African site and magazine that combines news, commentary, and strategies for global entrepreneurs interested in doing business in Africa, and news from within the continent’s business environment itself.
- Jasmine Powers – I have known Jasmine to be one of the best, brightest, and most humorous next-generation business writers in the Black Blogosphere. Check her out and see why!
- Smart, Simple Marketing – More than just a website! Sydni provides visitors with great podcasts, training tools, and consultations designed to take their business activity to the next level. Check her out, sign up for her newsletter, and you will see why we are students of Smart, Simple Marketing here at UBA.
- Diversity Inc – According to their site, DiversityInc is the dominant “diversity” publication with more web traffic and social media reach than Black Enterprise, Working Mother, Hispanic Business, Diversity Executive, Diversity Journal and Diversity Woman. We publish two websites, DiversityInc.com and our by-subscription management website, DiversityInc Best Practices.
Best Black Websites For News, Activism, and Politics
- Black America Web – Popularized by Tom Joyner, Black America Web has grown into a huge cultural information hub.
- EURWeb – headed by urban radio legend Lee Bailey, EUR/Electronic Urban Report has become one of the foremost information source for urban entertainment, sports, politics and opinion.
- Black Press USA – very well designed recent news website featuring exclusives from Black journalists and community publicists
- The Field Negro – One of the most precocious and hilarious Black political minds on the net. Ive been a long-time fan!
- The Root – One of the Grand Daddy’s of Black news websites, the Root has changed the face of the media forever!
- The Grio – Much like the Root, the Grio is a huge and timely database of Black news and commentary
- Eurweb – A 19 year old website that puts the most buzz worthy African American news at your fingertips, The Electronic Urban Report has been publishing regularly and consistently for so long that it would be hard to not include them on this list.
- Color of Change – Ok, I know that this isnt necessarily a news blog, but when news happens that affects us, you will find it on Color of Change
Black Dating, Relationships, and Parenting Websites
- Very Smart Brothas – The Champ and Panama Jackson are two veteran bloggers who author Very Smart Brothas. THey have also co-written and published Your Degrees Won’t Keep You Warm at Night: The Very Smart Brothas Guide to Dating, Mating, and Fighting Crime. The site has been absorbed into the Root.com
- Socamom – Learning about how other mothers handle raising a family is how motherhood knowledge has been passed on since the beginning of time. Socamom.com continues that tradition using humor, sympathy, technology, and education.
- Black and Married With Kids – A website about….being Black and Married With Kids! (and a good one, at that!)
- My Quest to Teach – A very positive website from a Black male educator. Support the positive if you really want to weaken the negative!
- George Talks – And you should probably listen if you are having relationship issues!
- Tariq Nasheed’s Mack Lessons Radio – This is the podcast for author, speaker, and producer Tariq Nasheed. I dont follow any of his relationship advice, but his is still one of the top sites out there for dating advice.
Best Black Websites For Health and Fitness
- Chasing Joy – More of a mental health blog. Very nice design and upbeat posts.
- Vegans of Color – AMAZING website, and a powerful resource for conscious eaters!
- By Any Greens Necessary – Parent site for celebrity Black food writer and publisher of the book by the same name. HUGE RESOURCE!
- Detroit Black Community Food Security Network – This is activism in action. The DBFSN should serve as a model for all other activist sites out there!
- Black Doctor – A very active blog that combines health and fitness advice with culture. A must read!
- International Vegetarian Union of Africa – Recipes, strategies, and lifestyle articles on vegetarianism in Africa. Make the transition!
- Sacred Vibes Healing – Spiritual and Physical health is explored through the lenses of Social and Racial Justice. The site was created by Master Herbalist Karen M. Rose as an outlet for her teachings and healing modalities. She also runs Brooklyn-based Sacred Vibes Healing and Sacred Vibes Apothecary.
Best Black Websites For S.T.E.M.
- Shareef Jackson Online – 2012 Black Weblog Awards nominee Shareef Jackson (also an engineering undergraduate from Brown and Masters Degree holder from Case Western) blogs about all things science, technology, and geek.
- Dream and Hustle – Ed has been in the game for at least 6 years, covering tech and hustle, building massive databases, and giving away more information than you deserve to have! He is also an Atlanta area entrepreneur who practices what he preaches.
- Brotha Tech – The latest and greatest Tech trends from a true professional. His site is both entertaining, informative, and easy on the eyes!
- Black Innovation Initiative – One of my favorite sites focusing on STEM Education and Workforce Development, access to Capital and Capital Formation, and High-Growth Entrepreneurship
Websites For Revolutionary Black Thought
- Pan African Perspective – Large site inspired by the call to Pan Africanism by Kwame Nkrumah
- The Black Youth Project – This site is supported by the University of Chicago’s Center for the Study of Race, Politics and Culture. Head over and take the pledge, check out the site, and tell em we sent you!
- Racism is White Supremacy – A Site Dedicated to Replacing White Supremacy with a System of Justice based on the Teachings of Mr. Fuller. In addition to tons of resources to combat white supremacy, the site has videos, ebooks, and a GREAT blog!
- Kushite Kingdom – WordPress site of one of my favorite minds online. Show him some love over there and let him know we sent you!
- Atlanta Black Star – Named after the Marcus Garvey Black Star Line, ABS is more of a news site than an informational platform. However, their editorial undertones reflect the Pan-African spirit, so I included their domain as one of the better sources of revolutionary Black thought.
This list is far from complete! If you have a website that is not on the list above, add it in the comments below. Or if you know a website that we missed, leave a link in the comments and we will review it for consideration.