Building Your Own ‘Category 5 Kit’
As I previously mentioned, you need three kinds of kits:
1. A Home Kit. This is your largest and heaviest kit.
2. A small Work Kit that contains basic first aid, rescue, and communications gear.
3. A Car Kit that contains vehicle, rescue, and shelter related items.
To check out or buy any of the items below, click on the links below. I have only listed items I have tested, owned or currently use.
Your Work Kit
You do not need a full survival kit at your workplace. If ish hits the fan, your mission is to get away from your job and to your car and home or a rally point outside of the city. The purpose of your work kit is to help you get out of your workplace and back to your car or home.
1. A small dufflebag or backpack. You need an easy to grab and go tactical dufflebag. Here is the one I use.
- Small tactical rover sling pack with molle as sling day pack or EDC bag, it's made of durable 600D polyster.Durable and...
- Sling pack size: 12 * 9.5 * 6 inch (H*W*D), enough for carrying 9.7 iPad, small notepad, keys, wallet, cell phone, flashlight,...
- Tactical sling bag with large Velcro pad in the concealed main compartment and the back compartment. Awesome as a pistol range bag...
2. A respirator. In the middle of an outbreak like Influenza or ebola, or if there is smoke and dust, this will save your life.
- PROFESSIONAL HEAVY DUTY FILTRATION SYSTEM – Dual N95 equivalent filters, 3M cartridge compatible, & impact resistant lens.
- FULL WARRANTY – Be confident in your investment! Visit our website to register or file claims.
- USA DISTRIBUTED – HIGH QUALITY – ENGLISH INSTRUCTIONS – Premium full-face mask. We have a 100% money back guarantee!
3. A good first aid kit. You cant move if you are bleeding out.
- ✅【Everlit Emergency Trauma Kit】: Uniquely customized by U.S military VETERANS to get you well-prepared in advance to...
- ✅【Massive Hemorrhage and Circulatory Care】: This kit contains the most use friendly, compact and popular survival and first...
- ✅【Respiratory and Hypothermia Treatment】: Sealing the open chest wound seems like a no brainer for respiratory care. As a...
4. A signal kit. If you are trapped under rubble or stuck on the roof, you need a way to signal for rescue. Get all three of these items. A mirror wont work at night, so you need glow sticks. Whistles work in the dark or if you are under rubble. And waving glow sticks around will get attention at night.
Your Car Kit
In addition to the first aid kit, signal kit, and respirator in your work kit, you should have items in your car kit that help you repair your car, siphon fuel from other cars, and keep you warm if you will be sleeping in your car during cold nights. Here is the equipment I suggest you have.
1. A good car repair kit
- High capacity scissor jack powered using your car’s own 12V DC adapter alone!
- Incredibly durable steel plate construction includes a large steel base for greater stability during use. Highly rust and weather...
- Easily lift any vehicle up to 3 tons in just 2 minutes!
2. A siphon and gas can: When sh*t hits the fan, gas stations wont be open. You will need gasoline. And there will be many cars parked around. A siphon is a hose that you can use to pull gasoline out of those parked vehicles. Grab one of these and keep them in your trunk.
- Safely and easily transfer gasoline and other fluids through a siphon intake and discharge system
- Eliminates need for risky mouth siphoning of dangerous chemicals
- Included attachment for adapting to an air pump function for inflation
You can buy a gas can at a local store.
3. Survival blankets
- TOUGHEST EMERGENCY BLANKETS ON EARTH – Four extra large (5’ x 7’) double-sided color survival blankets rolled into...
- PERFECT FOR HIKING, RUNNING, PREPPERS, & CAR FIRST AID KITS – NASA-designed mylar is waterproof and reflects up to 90% of body...
- EXTRA LARGE FOR FULL BODY PROTECTION – Our massive 7x5 foot emergency blankets are 23% larger than standard foil blankets for...
In addition to these, you might want to throw a quilt or heavy blanket in your trunk, too.
Your home kit is the biggest kit of the three. Click the next tab below to see what you should have.